Mainstreaming Mental Disability PoliciesThe objectives of the Mainstreaming Mental Disability Policies Project were threefold:
- To build the capacity of people with ID and MHP to interact competently with political and administrative structures;
- To change political and administrative structures responsible for employment and education;
- To spread the idea of mainstreaming mental disability issues.
The project has published:
- A training material: "Partners for better policies: A manual for mainstreaming."
- A leaflet: "Guidance on the difference between mental health problems and intellectual disabilities"
- Five Assessment Forms to assess the extent to which the relevant authorities are mainstreaming policies and services in the field of:
- Education for people with intellectual disabilities
- Employment for people with intellectual disabilities
- Health Care for people with intellectual disabilities
- Education for people with mental health problems
- Employment for people with mental health problems
- A Guidance Note to explain how to use the five Assessment Forms.
|Funded by||European Commission - Directorate General Employment and Social Affairs|
The Open Society Institute – Mental Health Initiative
The Global Initiative on Psychiatry
8 organisations working on intellectual disability:
8 associations working on mental health problems: